- Gallstones – when they are symptomatic, surgery is the treatment of choice.
- Cholecystitis is when the gallbladder is inflamed or infected. The treatment involves antibiotic treatment and surgery.
- Cancer of the gallbladder is extremely rare.
- Cholecystectomy is the surgical removal of the gallbladder and is usually done laparoscopically.
- Endocrine vs exocrine. The endocrine part of the pancreas is mainly responsible for insulin secretion, while the exocrine pancreas secretes enzymes to absorb nutrients from food. Diseases of the pancreas can affect either or both of these.
- Presents with a multitude of symptoms, but may be asymptomatic. Jaundice, itching, and weight loss are the most common symptoms.
- Surgery forms the mainstay of treatment , but there have been mayor advancements in chemotherapy.
- Portal hypertension