What is a hernia?
A hernia is an abnormal protrusion of an organ or tissue through a defect in the abdominal wall.
Types of hernias
- Inguinal hernias – occurs in either or both groins
- Femoral hernias – also occurs in the groin, but slightly lower
- Ventral hernias – includes any anterior abdominal hernia, but is a very non-specific description
- Incisional hernias – occurring at the site of a previous incision
- Special hernias
- Hiatus hernia – refers to an enlarged opening in the diaphragm, which separates the abdomen and chest. The stomach protrudes into the chest causing a functional impairment resulting in reflux.
Skin Cancer Types
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Red flag signs of skin cancer